What a week!

Thinking back on this past week…

Monday – was a day of organizing things I didn’t have to organize, but it kept me busy not to think too much!

Tuesday – I went to Cleveland Clinic to have an MRI done. I understand this is the best way to see inside the human being without cutting it open. They were 2 hours late, which is VERY unusual they explained. The little old nurse seemed frustrated that she couldn’t keep up. She was very sweet and apologetic. Since you have to be fasting before this test, I was a little irritated and HUNGRY!  Then I got an IV in my right arm, and injected with contrast…More waiting time…ugh!

I was put on a tiny slab and pushed into a hole that was not too freaky small…the good thing was, I was on my stomach, and didn’t see how close the hole was to my body. I was thankful to be laying on my stomach! They put headphones over my ears with music playing, Michael Jackson was singing “Billy Jean”… You have to lay perfectly still, or they’re going to do this all over again (maybe that’s why they were late? Well, I was not going to be one of “those”…) The whole scanning would take about 30 minutes. I was prepared…Kind of! THE NOISE!!! OMG!!! It’s like an Ambulance driving by, and here comes a Freight Train, and OH! Wait! Here’s the noise from the banging when they put iron rods into the ground on Hwy I-595!!!

All over sudden it gets quiet, and I think “Finally it’s over!” The technician said “You’re doing great! Just 13 minutes left“. That’s when I had to take a deep breath, start counting seconds, not think about I wanted to kick my feet or the itching in my left ear.

I survived of course, but don’t want to do this again…(turns out I have to – later story!)

Wednesday – The day of tests!

7 a.m. first drink of Barium Sulphate…a ‘delish’ drink 7 a.m. in the morning…NOOOT! Then again at 8 a.m. the second liter of this white chalky, drink with wild berry taste…(as I write I notice I’m making a “face” just remembering the nasty taste…). Yakk!

My neighbor, Shannon, comes and picks me up at 9.15 to take me to C.C. They are not late today! I get in pretty quickly and I receive another IV with Nuclear (secret :0) fluids. They young male nurse takes me to another part of the Radiology Department, and hands me over to the CT (Computer Tomography with Contrast) of the pelvis…another injection. Just wondering how much injection my body can take, and if I’m glowing in the dark…? CT Scan is a piece of cake. It’s also a hole, or tube, kind of process that scans over your body. They tell me what to do during the test. At one point I have to put my right arm straight up, so they can inject the Iodine. They warn me about the intense warm feeling you will experience, and the feeling of peeing…Here we go!

Two hour break! So hungry! I go to their cafeteria and have breakfast even though it’s lunch time. I love breakfast…Favorite meal of the day! Washing down the Barium Sulphite with some Cafe Latte and reading “Love, Eat, Pray” on my Kindle.

Back to Radiology to do the second part of the Nuclear Bone Density test. They wrap my arms together with a blanket so they won’t fall of to the side, and tie my feet together… How sweet! ;o) Might sound claustrophobic…but it’s actually fine! This test is quiet, also in a tube thing. It more like a giant scanning ring that goes up and down. I can hear them whisper…It’s very quiet. Kind of nice…This test is also 30 minutes…when I’m done I thanks them for 30 minutes of meditation time.

Last test at 3 p.m. A Cardiac Echo Sonogram (I think that’s what it’s called), the nurse technician is a bubbly, very friendly, likable woman! Like her immediately. Another 30 minutes goes by…and I’m all done for today! Woohoo!

Actually my last appointment was at 4 p.m., but Dr.Blake called and said the had reviewed the MRI I had done yesterday, and they saw a nodule “at 6 o’clock” in my right breast…probably nothing but they want me to do another biopsy (aspiration) during an MRI… (oh no! F-that Ambulance f-ing noise shit!)

Done for this Wednesday. Test Results on Friday.

Much Love,






4 thoughts on “What a week!

  1. So sorry to hear the ordeal ! Having gone through my own little piece of hell I know it’s not fun . My MRI s with and without contrast are every 5 years now . I run shows from start to finish in my head to pass the time . Let me know if I can do anything for you . I am here if you need or want anything ! Sending calming and loving ,healing thoughts !
    Love, Catherine

  2. Jag har också legat i en sådan där apparat några gånger, men inte på mage, utan på rygg. Jag minns att de varnade mig för oljudet, men jag upplevde aldrig det som besvärligt. Jag slappnade av och somnade nästan… Men jag tror jag var rätt ovanligt, för när killen efteråt frågade mig om det varit jobbigt, så svarade jag “inte ett dugg!”. Det var en stunds avslappning bara. Men vi är ju olika. Det värsta jag varit med om var när de skulle ta vätska ur min sköldkörtel! DET gör jag aldrig om (man ska aldrig säga aldrig, dock…).
    Jag tycker att din förra övre bild, med solnedgång var mer “FloridaFilippa” än den här är, även om den här också är snygg. Bara så du vet.
    Tusen kramar från MOI!

    • Jag tror jag valde en “Header” som skall rotera! Lär mej fortfarande hur WordPress fungerar! Kanske du kan hjälpa mej?
      När det gäller sköldkörteln så har jag också gjort det och det var INTE kul! Jag fick dock lokal bedövning…Fick du det? Dom stack in nålen 4 ggr från 4 olika håll…Sista gången så var jag färdig att slå till någon!!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s